I Do Handmade is hosting a festive pop-up market inside Westfield London shopping centre, offering the opportunity for small businesses to sell their handcrafted creations. We’re on a mission to encourage the nation to shop small whilst getting lots of eyes and exposure on your business.
In a nutshell:
Where? Westfield London, Shepherds Bush, Ariel Way,
When? Monday 6 Nov 2023 – Saturday 23 Dec 2023
What time? Open 10am – 9pm, Mon-Sat, 12pm – 6pm Sundays
Tell me more:
- There will be 8 stalls available each day for small businesses to sell their products at.
- Book a stall for 1 day, or a selection of different dates. The aim is to offer flexible selling opportunities for small independents to encourage the nation to shop small. To encourage variety we are limiting brands to book 4 Saturdays max at either Westfield venue (8 in total at both Westfield White City & Stratford)
- Book either a single sized stall (1m x 1m) or a double sized stall (2m x 1m) – double stalls only between 6 Nov – 8 Dec
- Stall holders would need to be present and manage their stall, taking payments for their own items sold, similar to a Christmas market setting.The market will be operating from 10am-9pm, Mon – Sat, and 12-6pm on Sundays.
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings.
- No table needed, bring yourself, your stock, and get selling!
How much is it to hire a stall?
- Stall prices range from £100-£170 a day for a single sized stall (1m x 1m) and £150-£240 a day for a double sized stall (2m x 1m)
- Price depends on which day and how many days you book
- Bookings can be made for 1 day or max 20 days
- Book a single-sized stall for 3-9 days and get 15% off using TAKE15 coupon code or a single-sized stall for 10+ days and get 20% off using TAKE20 (all of your requested dates must be added to your basket and purchased in one order, discount cannot be applied if you make multiple bookings.)
- Book a large sized stall (2m x 1m) and get 25% off (discount applied automatically, no other discount code can apply)
- Please note we do not accept requests for specific stall allocation due to the complexity of organising floorplans as we have to take into account accessibility & disability requests (both hidden and visible) as well as ensuring we do not have similar products situated next to one another.
What sized stalls are available?
Single sized stalls are 1m x 1m:
Large sized stalls are 2m x 1m and consist of 2 stalls pushed close together:
Where is the pop-up?
The location of the pop-up is inside Westfield London shopping centre.
It’s located on the 1st floor, not inside a shop, but in the main walkway between the shops giving us an excellent footfall and visibility from passing customers. It’s very close to the food court, in between H&M and Timberland so an incredible location for passers-by.
What will the pop-up look like?
There will be 8 stalls, where stallholders can stand behind or in front of their stall attracting passers by. If you visited our previous Westfield pop-ups it will be fairly similar using the same furniture, the 8 stalls will be arranged in a C shape.
What will the stalls look like?
- Every stall holder will be provided with either a 1m x 1m or 2m x 1m skandi style unit (you choose your size).
- Take a look at our instagram which has lots of photos and videos of the stalls to help give you a better idea
- Every stall holder manages their own unit and is responsible for taking all payments at your unit
- There is space for max 2 people behind each stall, unfortunately no children can be brought with you for health and safety reasons
- Each unit will have an A4 frame on the front where the name of each company will go. Please bring along your logo printed on A4 landscape-sized paper. If you don’t have a printer don’t worry, we will have a printout of your company name on the front (but it won’t be your logo) Please note, any bookings made once the Pop-Up has started, won’t have their company name printed as these are printed prior to Pop Up commencing.
- Each unit has 2 lockable cupboards underneath. Stock can be left locked inside your unit overnight if you plan to book a stall for 1+ consecutive days (please note any contents left inside are left at the stall holder’s own risk).
- Any props brought will need to be placed on top of the unit (i.e. nothing can go on the floor) and measure less than than 100cm x 100cm x 40cm (WxDxH).
- Unfortunately we’re unable to have any clothes rails, furniture or pull up banners on the floor. Any stock/decor/advertising must sit on the surface of your stall.
Is this pop-up for me?
Westfield has over 19,000 visitors daily, there is a huge footfall in this shopping centre, however it is a completely different environment to a typical craft fair.
From our pop-ups so far, what we learnt was that low priced items generally sold much better than high priced items and interacting with passers by also improved the sales. Offering samples, experiential activities, competitions, raffles have helped lots of stalls turn browsers into buyers.
This pop-up is for you if you come with energy, excitement and enthusiasm about your products, love talking to people, and meeting new stallholders .
Can anyone apply to become a stall holder?
There are a few requirements…
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are made by hand by yourself or had some element of personalisation. Please note, we encourage the endless talents of our stallholders and therefore items which have been bought from a manufacturer/wholesalers will not be accepted. We have the right to refuse your application if we don’t believe your product is right for out handmade Pop-Up. Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You’ll need to have public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell in Westfield London (If you don’t have public liability insurance, Events Insurance or Protectivity offer one off policies from £30 and purchased from any good insurer online)
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items. You will need to provide the payment method(s) and be able to offer a receipt to the customer. We personally have loved using SumUp for previous markets we’ve sold at (affiliate link).
- Stall bookings are non-exchangeable, part refundable see below for details. If you book several dates, have an unsuccessful day on day one, and decide to cancel the remaining dates, we can only offer a part refund if we are able to find a replacement see below. Please note if you wish to cancel a stall on a day which is not yet sold out, we will sell these stalls first before selling your stall.
- Full terms and conditions available to read here
Can stall exchanges or refunds be given?
Please note, when booking your stall, once booked, it is non-exchangeable, part-refundable. So much work goes on behind the scenes, juggling literally 1000s of bookings. It makes refunds and exchanges complex to manage, therefore once your booking is confirmed, please prioritise these dates and add them to your diary. Our Westfield refund policy is as follows:
- 100% refund 14 days from the day you place the order
- 50% refund if cancelled 21+ days before event date AND I Do Handmade LTD are able to find a replacement
- 25% refund if cancelled 48 hours – 20 days before event date AND I Do Handmade LTD are able to find a replacement
- 15% refund if cancelled within 48-25 hours of the event date AND I Do Handmade LTD are able to find a replacement
- 0% refund if cancelled within 24 hours of the event date
- If I Do Handmade LTD cannot find a replacement for your stall, unfortunately a refund will not be offered.
- If you stall sells, we will refund according to our refund policy. Please note these refunds will be processed by the end of the Pop Up. You will be contacted to be informed that your stall has sold so no need to chase for an update.
- Please note, we no longer offer the option for stallholders to swap their booking with another small business, due to being let down too many times resulting in several small businesses on the waitlist missing out on stall opportunities
Furthermore, please book the number of days you and your brand are comfortable with. If you book several dates and have an unsuccessful day of sales on day one, the above refund policy will still apply.
Are there any restrictions on certain products at the pop-up?
- Food can be sold at the pop-up however all food must arrive pre-packaged due to there not being any food prep licence on site.
- If fresh food is being sold (cookies/cakes/biscuits etc), food must be packaged off site and be presented in either clear plastic/biodegradable bags or boxes or professionally branded packaging (paper bags are not allowed).
- No cooking or preparation of any kind can be done at the pop-up.
- You must have the relevant food safety & hygiene certification for selling food.
- Clear signage of ingredients and allergens must be visible on your stall.
- Food is allowed to be out on display to show customers what it is, but any open food cannot be sold.
- There is no refrigeration facilities so unfortunately no refrigerated foods can be sold.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public, with clear signage of ingredients and allergens.
- Alcohol can be sold at the pop-up, however it must arrive bottled and no prep can be done on site.
- You would need to organise a TENS yourself for the days you are there.
- There is no refrigeration, sinks or ice facilities.
- You would need to manage the +18 check for all customers tasting and purchasing from you.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public.
What facilities are available at the pop-up?
- There is free public wifi, you may want to provide your own data if for any reason the wifi becomes unavailable
- A store room for any luggage/stock packaging
- Hand gel
- Several chargers are available for phones and payment readers are available
- Everything you bring for your stall needs to be able to be used wirelessly, there is a plug available for adhoc power, but any electrical equipment must be PAT tested if using the socket
- There is one small stool per stall
- Two cupboards under each stall to store stock and your belongings
- Parking is available in the main Westfield carpark, however the normal car parking rates apply
General rules for trading at the pop-up in Westfield
- No balloons
- No children under 10 behind the stalls
- No suitcases/boxes on the floor
- No music
- No lit candles
- No burning of incence
- No food/drinks on show, please use your storage cupboards for your own personal snacks and drinks
- No table cloths hanging down the sides of your stall (on top is fine, just not draping down)
- No handwritten/unprofessional signage or graphics cellotaped to the sides of your stall
- Nothing to be on the floor (no pull up banners/clothes rails/props etc), everything you bring needs to sit on top of your stall
- Please be mindful of your stall neighbours, ensuring you don’t block their stall
- 2 people max behind each stall at any time
Apply to become a stall holder at our Westfield pop-up…
Step 1: Book the dates you would like a stall
Add all of your chosen dates to your basket, checkout and follow the prompts to make payment.
- For single-sized stalls, add one of each date you require
- For larger-sized stalls, add two of each date you require
Step 2: Add your company’s details to our directory
- If you have never booked a stall with I Do Handmade before, please complete this stall holder application form. We cannot confirm your Westfield booking until you have done so. We highly recommend completing this as soon as possible as we confirm bookings on a first come first served basis and can only confirm your order once we know who you are, what products you sell and whether they will be suitable for this pop-up. .
- If we do not receive a completed stall holder application form within 48 hours of your stall booking made in Step 1, we will unfortunately release your dates.
- If you have booked a stall at any of our previous pop-ups in 2022, we already have your details and you do not need to complete this form, there is no further action required.
Step 3: Wait to hear from us
Once you have paid for a stall and submitted a stall holder application form (within 48 hours of your order being placed), We will review and confirm via email within 14 days. If you haven’t heard anything, please get in touch via email.
Please note that no order is confirmed until you have heard back from us. Please do not start preparing for your stall until you have received confirmation.
Please note, we try to ensure there is a variety of products each day, so may get in touch with you to offer alternative dates that has availability for selling your product type. Candles and jewellery are particularly popular.
If it helps to know, bookings are organised on a first come first serve basis. When we receive your application, some of the things we check:
- Public liability insurance is valid
- Your products are handmade
- Your products are a good fit for the popup
- The other products at the pop-up, the same day(s) as yours, to ensure there is variety each day
If your application is unsuccessful for any reason, a full refund will be made to you within 7 days.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch email@example.com
Who are we?
I’m Becky, a 30 something mama of two, from West London and I run this creative little business together with my mum Wendy.
When covid landed on our doorstep in 2020, one thing we did to help encourage sales of our craft kits, was create the Shop Small Christmas Gift Catalogue. We posted it out to thousands of homes, advertising gift ideas, all sold from small businesses, including my own, encouraging people to shop small at Christmas.
I loved helping other companies, I wondered about converting our catalogue into an in-person event.
So in summer 2022, we hosted out first ever pop-up market in Westfield shopping centre, encouraging the nation to shop from small businesses. I absolutely loved meeting so many inspiring business owners and helping them increase exposure and sales, it’s made me want to organise more events. It’s naturally turned into a business itself, hosting in person shopping events, helping diversify the high street with products from small businesses.
As a product selling business owner myself selling a range of craft kits, I know full well how hard it can be to generate a regular income and to keep the business going especially with big brands dominating the high street
From my own experience I’ve found if you have a good product, selling in person can be such a beneficial way to get your stock off the shelves and into the hands of your ideal customer. I’m passionate about helping small businesses thrive and the I Do Handmade Pop-Ups will hopefully do exactly that.