Feature in our Christmas gift guide for 2021
Thanks for your interest in this Christmas project (I realise it’s August!)
We’re very excited to be putting together the 2nd edition of the Shop Small Christmas Gift Guide featuring products from businesses located in and around Herts.
I’m a small business owner myself and created this catalogue last year to help businesses increase sales after a tough year. We’re creating a 2nd edition for Christmas 2021 after great feedback and we’d love to have you part of it.
What is it?
The ShopLocal Gift Guide is an A5 paper catalogue that features products that make the perfect Christmas gift for loved ones. All products are from businesses in and around Hertfordshire, and the aim is to encourage locals to buy presents from small businesses around them.
The catalogue will be posted through people’s doors in the WD3 area. Last year we delivered 5000 editions, this year if we get more companies taking part we’d love to deliver to 10,000 homes.
What we’re looking for?
We’re looking for small businesses from in and around Hertfordshire to have their product(s) featured in the gift guide.
What each company would get:
- Your product(s) will be featured in an A5 gift catalogue.
- Businesses can buy as many adverts as they wish, to feature numerous products
- Each advert will include a photo of the product, a sentence of info, and a weblink and contact details of where customers can buy your product – it will look very similar to last years catalogue , click here to view
- The catalogue will then be designed by a professional graphic designer, printed and delivered to hopefully 10,000 homes in the WD3 region during the first week of November 2021 (the number of copies will depend on how many businesses are interested)
- An Electronic PDF will be emailed to you and one paper copy posted to you.
- The catalogue will be converted into an online magazine, the link will be shared across social media accounts, making it accessible to thousands more people than the homes it physically lands in .
What each company would need to do:
- To cover design, print and delivery costs, the costs to include your products in the catalogue:
– 1 advert (1 product) £30
– 2 adverts (2 products) £60
– 3 adverts (3 products) £80
– 4 adverts (4 products) £110
- The catalogue can feature as many or as few products from the same company. If you have similar products e.g different sizes/colours etc this counts as one advert. If you have a few different things e.g jewellery, purses and hair accessories, this would be three adverts
- You would need to supply one hi-res professional photo of your product, (ideally over 1MB in size).
- Provide a web link to your product showing where people can buy it from (a facebook/etsy link would be fine if that’s the place you sell from online)
- Be willing to share posts on social media throughout November & December showcasing yours and other products from the catalogue to increase awareness
- All information about your product(s) would need to be submitted via an online form by 25th September 2021 (this link will be emailed to you)
- All businesses submit the information about their products and pay full balance by 25th September
- From 25th September – designer creates catalogue
- October – a draft emailed to you to check you’re happy with your product advert
- End of October – catalogue printed
- From 1st November – catalogue delivered to homes in WD3 postcodes
- Throughout November and December – Online/social media promotion of catalogue and products
What products can we include?
We’d love to feature companies that sell physical gifts that can be posted or hand delivered. It would be great to feature a range of gift ideas suitable for all ages, guys and girls. The catalogue will then be organised into themes so it flows. The types of things:
- Food gifts
- Handmade things
- Beauty products
- Personalised gifts
- Gift vouchers that can be posted – for experiences e.g beauty treatments/restaurant deals etc)
Want to be involved?
If you’d like to feature one or more of your products in the catalogue, we need to take a £10 deposit to reserve your space in the edition. We also need to know how many advert spaces you would like. Please choose from the drop down list shown above.
Purchase your advert space by selecting how many half page adverts you would like, and add to your basket. Follow the prompts and checkout. I will then be in touch to get the information about your products from you. The remaining balance is then due on 25th September via bank transfer.
If you have any questions, please let me know. If you want to find out any more information about me, my little company is called I Do Handmade and I run it together with my mum in Rickmansworth.
There’s lots of info available here on my website where you can read a little bit more about us. We sell craft kits to make at home that make great gifts for creative friends and family. I’ll be including a few of these in the catalogue myself too.
Please know this catalogue is not being made to make any profit for myself. The more companies that want to take part, the more copies we can print and deliver. My aim is to help small businesses get seen and encourage sales from small businesses throughout this busy season.
|Number of adverts you would like||
1 half page advert (1 product) £50, 2 half page adverts (2 products) £90, 3 half page adverts (3 products) £130, 4 half page adverts (4 products) £170