I Do Handmade is hosting a pop-up market inside Westfield London shopping centre, offering the opportunity for small businesses to sell their handcrafted creations. We’re on a mission to encourage the nation to shop small whilst getting lots of eyes and exposure on your business.
In a nutshell:
Where? Westfield London, Shepherds Bush, Ariel Way,
When? Monday 1 August 2022 – Sunday 4 September 2022
What time? Open 10am – 9pm, every day
Tell me more:
- There will be 8 stalls available each day for small businesses to sell their products at.
- Book a stall for 1 day, a few days or more. The aim is to offer affordable selling opportunities for small independents whilst encouraging the nation to shop small.
- Stall holders would need to be present and manage their stall for the duration of the day (10am – 9pm) taking payments for their own items sold, similar to a Christmas market setting.
- The market will be operating from 10am-9pm every day, so a long shopping day but incredible opportunity to get lots of eyes and exposure on your business.
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings.
- No table required, bring yourself, your stock, and get selling!
How much is it to hire a stall?
- Stall prices range from £64-£85 a day, price depends on how many days you book.
- Bookings can be made for 1 day or max 14 days.
- If you book a stall for 3 or 4 days, get 15% off using TAKE15 coupon code at checkout. If you book a stall for 5 days or more, get 20% off using coupon code TAKE20.
Please note in order for discount to apply, all of your requested dates must be added to your basket and purchased in one order, discount cannot be applied if you make multiple bookings.
Where exactly will the pop-up be?
The location of the pop-up will be inside Westfield London shopping centre.
It will be located on the 1st floor, not inside a shop, but in the walkway between the shops giving us an excellent footfall and visibility from passing customers. It will be close to the food court, in between Adidas, Typo and L’Occitane, with John Lewis and Primark further down, so an incredible location for passers-by.
What will the pop-up look like?
The pop-up will look a little like the below two photos. We’ll be using the same Skandi style furniture with lots of signage, lights and decor to attract people’s eyes.
What will the stalls look like?
- Every stall holder will be provided with a 1m x 1m skandi style unit
- Every stall holder will need to manage their own unit and be responsible for taking all payments at your unit, between 10am-9pm
- There is space for max 2 people per stall
- Each unit will have a flat surface for you to create your own display of products
- Each unit will be branded with I Do Handmade Pop-Up branding along the front, as well as a logo of the stall holders brand, whoever is there each day. Stall holders will be asked to email a hi-res logo before the event
- Each unit has a lockable cupboard underneath. Stock can be left locked inside your unit overnight if you plan to book a stall for more than 1 day (please note any contents left inside are left at the stall holder’s own risk).
- There are a few limitations with the types of decor/props stall holders can bring due to security and branding requirements. We will ask for a list of props you’ll be bringing closer to the time. Any props brought will need to be placed on top of the unit (i.e. nothing can go on the floor) and measure less than than 90cm x 90cm x 40cm (WxDxH).
- Find below a few photos of the type of unit each stall holder will have on the day.
- More information and imagery on what to expect will be sent to you in advance to plan your display.
Can anyone apply to become a stall holder?
There are a few requirements to be aware of…
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are either made by hand or had some element of personalisation. Please note, they don’t necessarily have to have been made by you.Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You will need to have £10m public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell in Westfield London. We can organise this for you for a low-cost fee (from £20 depending how long you’re there), alternatively we can recommend insurers who offer this easily for you.
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items. You will need to provide the payment method(s) and be able to offer a receipt to the customer. Although not essential, if you do not have a handheld payment device, we have loved using SumUp for previous markets we’ve sold at (affiliate link).
- Your stall would need to be open for business from 10am-9pm, a long day but lots of exposure and opportunity for sales.
- Stall bookings are non-exchangeable, non refundable.
- Full terms and conditions available to read here
How do I apply to become a stall holder?
To apply for a stall at the Westfield London Summer Pop-Up, all you will need to do is:
1) Complete a short application form and then book the dates you’d like to be there
We will then get in touch within 7 days whether your application is successful.
- To book the dates, add the dates you would like to be a stall holder to your basket, and follow the prompts to pay.
- Payment is required at the time of applying, if you would like to spread the cost across 2 months, we have added Clearpay to our payment options, see details at checkout for more information.
- If your application is unsuccessful for any reason, you will be given a full refund.
- Your application is not submitted until both the application form and payment have been made.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
I’m Becky, a 30 something mama of two, from West London and I run this creative little business together with my mum Wendy.
When covid landed on our doorstep in 2020, one thing we did to help encourage sales was launch the Shop Small Christmas Gift Catalogue. We posted it out to thousands of homes, advertising gift ideas, all sold from small businesses, including my own, encouraging people to shop small at Christmas.
Discovering the joy in helping other companies, and thanks to the retail industry looking likely to remain open, I wondered about converting our catalogue into an in-person event.
So new for 2022, we’re hosting pop-up markets in popular hustling locations, continuing the support to encourage the nation to shop from small businesses.
As a small business owner myself selling a range of craft kits, I know full well how hard it can be to generate a regular income and keep the business going especially with high street giants and a popular super speedy AMAZ-ing shopping service available at your fingertips!
From my own experience I’ve found if you have a good product, selling in person can be such a beneficial way to get your stock off the shelves and into the hands of your ideal customer. I’m passionate about helping small businesses thrive and the I Do Handmade Pop-Ups will hopefully do exactly that.