I Do Handmade is hosting a pop-up market inside Westfield London shopping centre, offering the opportunity for small businesses to sell their handcrafted creations. We’re on a mission to encourage the nation to shop small whilst getting lots of eyes and exposure on your business.
In a nutshell:
Where? Westfield London, Shepherds Bush, Ariel Way,
When? Monday 1 August 2022 – Sunday 25 September 2022
What time? Open 10am – 9pm, Mon-Sat, 12pm – 6pm Sundays
Tell me more:
- There are 8 stalls available each day for small businesses to sell their products at.
- Book a stall for 1 day, a few days or more. The aim is to offer flexible selling opportunities for small independents whilst encouraging the nation to shop small.
- Stall holders would need to be present and manage their stall for the duration of the day (10am – 9pm) taking payments for their own items sold, similar to a Christmas market setting.
- The market will be operating from 10am-9pm Mon – Sat and 12-6pm on Sundays. Mon-Sat are long shopping days but incredible opportunity to get lots of eyes and exposure on your business.
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings.
- No table required, bring yourself, your stock, and get selling!
How much is it to hire a stall?
- Stall prices range from £56-£85 a day, price depends on how many days you book.
- Bookings can be made for 1 day or max 14 days.
- If you book a stall for 3 or 4 days, get 15% off using TAKE15 coupon code at checkout. If you book a stall for 5 days or more, get 20% off using coupon code TAKE20.
Please note in order for discount to apply, all of your requested dates must be added to your basket and purchased in one order, discount cannot be applied if you make multiple bookings.
Where is the pop-up?
The location of the pop-up is inside Westfield London shopping centre.
It’s located on the 1st floor, not inside a shop, but in the walkway between the shops giving us an excellent footfall and visibility from passing customers. It’s close to the food court, in between Adidas, Typo and L’Occitane, with John Lewis and Primark further down, so an incredible location for passers-by.
What does the pop-up look like?
There are 8 stalls, with 2 large lit signage boards in a rectangular shape. Stallholders can stand behind or infront of their stall attracting passers by.
What do the stalls look like?
- Every stall holder will be provided with a 1m x 1m skandi style unit. This is a smaller sized pitch than most markets, so be aware of these measurements when preparing your display.
- Take a look at our instagram which has lots of photos and videos of the stalls to help give you a better idea
- Every stall holder manages their own unit and is responsible for taking all payments at your unit, between 10am-9pm
- There is space for max 2 people behind each stall
- Each unit will be branded with I Do Handmade Pop-Up branding, plus an A4 frame on the front for each stallholders logo (Stall holders need to upload a logo on the application form which will be printed and on the front of your stall.)
- Each unit has 2 lockable cupboard underneath. Stock can be left locked inside your unit overnight if you plan to book a stall for more than 1 day (please note any contents left inside are left at the stall holder’s own risk).
- Any props brought will need to be placed on top of the unit (i.e. nothing can go on the floor) and measure less than than 90cm x 90cm x 40cm (WxDxH).
- Unfortunately we’re unable to have any additional clothes rails, furniture or pull up banners on the floor. Any stock/decor/advertising must sit on the surface of your stall.
Can anyone apply to become a stall holder?
There are a few requirements…
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are either made by hand or had some element of personalisation. Please note, they don’t necessarily have to have been made by you.Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You will need to have £10m public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell in Westfield London.
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items. You will need to provide the payment method(s) and be able to offer a receipt to the customer. Although not essential, if you do not have a handheld payment device, we have loved using SumUp for previous markets we’ve sold at (affiliate link).
- Your stall would need to be open for business from 10am-9pm, a long day but lots of exposure and opportunity for sales.
- Stall bookings are non-exchangeable, non refundable. If you book several dates, have an unsuccessful day on day one, and decide to cancel the remaining dates, we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund.
- Full terms and conditions available to read here
Are there any restrictions on certain products at the pop-up?
- Food sales
Food can be sold at the pop-up however all food must arrive pre-packaged due to there not being any food prep licence on site. No cooking or preparation of any kind can be done at the pop-up. You must have the relevant food safety & hygiene certification for selling food. Clear signage of allergens must be visible on your stall. Food is allowed to be out on display to show customers what it is, but any open food cannot be sold. There is no refrigeration facilities so unfortunately no cold foods can be sold. Samples are allowed to be offered to the public, with clear signage on allergens.
- Alcohol sales
Alcohol can be sold at the pop-up, however it must arrive bottled and no prep can be done on site. You would need to organise a TENS yourself for the days you are there. There is no refrigeration or ice facilities. You would need to manage the +18 check for all customers tasting and purchasing from you. Samples are allowed to be offered to the public.
What facilities are available at the pop-up?
- There is free wifi
- A store room for any luggage/packaging
- Hand gel
- Several chargers are available for phones and payment readers are available
- Everything you bring for your stall needs to be able to be used wirelessly, there is a plug available for adhoc power, but any electrical equipment must be PAT tested if using the socket
- There is one small foldaway stool per stall
- Two cupboards under each stall to store stock and your belongings
Apply to become a stall holder at the summer pop-up…
Step 1: Book the dates you would like a stall
Add all of your chosen dates to your basket, checkout and follow the prompts to make payment.
Remember to add the coupon TAKE15 at checkout if you book 3+ days. All of your requested dates must be purchased in one order, discount cannot be applied afterwards
Step 2: Complete the application form
- Complete the application form within 48 hours of step 1 (you will need to upload your public liability insurance certificate and logo to this form)
- If you don’t have public liability insurance, we have used Events Insurance who offer one off policies from £27
- If we do not receive your completed application form within 48 hours of your stall booking made in Step 1, we will need to unfortunately release your dates.
Step 3: Wait to hear from us
Once you have submitted your application form AND paid for your requested dates, your application has been submitted.
We will review, and if everything’s A ok, we will confirm via email within 7 days. If you haven’t heard anything, please get in touch via email.
If your application is unsuccessful for any reason, a full refund will be made to you within 7 days.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
I’m Becky, a 30 something mama of two, from West London and I run this creative little business together with my mum Wendy.
When covid landed on our doorstep in 2020, one thing we did to help encourage sales was launch the Shop Small Christmas Gift Catalogue. We posted it out to thousands of homes, advertising gift ideas, all sold from small businesses, including my own, encouraging people to shop small at Christmas.
Discovering the joy in helping other companies, and thanks to the retail industry looking likely to remain open, I wondered about converting our catalogue into an in-person event.
So new for 2022, we’re hosting pop-up markets in popular hustling locations, continuing the support to encourage the nation to shop from small businesses.
As a small business owner myself selling a range of craft kits, I know full well how hard it can be to generate a regular income and keep the business going especially with high street giants and a popular super speedy AMAZ-ing shopping service available at your fingertips!
From my own experience I’ve found if you have a good product, selling in person can be such a beneficial way to get your stock off the shelves and into the hands of your ideal customer. I’m passionate about helping small businesses thrive and the I Do Handmade Pop-Ups will hopefully do exactly that.