We’re hosting an outdoor market at Lakeside Shopping Centre for one weekend in June, for small businesses to sell their handmade products at. Find below more details to see if it’s suitable for your brand.
If you’re interested in booking a stall, follow the prompts towards the bottom of the page…
Where? Lakeside Shopping Centre, West Thurrock, Grays, RM20 2ZF
About the pop-up
- The market will be taking place on 17 & 18 June, outside Lakeside shopping centre at The Quay (a step-free venue) which is where many of the entertainment facilities and restaurants are (Vue, Puttshack, Hollywood Bowl, Nickelodeon Adventure)
- There will 22 stalls each day, all under extra wide black gazebos which will be located along the pavement shown in both photos below
- Each gazebo will be 4.5m wide x 3m deep, and will have space inside for 2 stalls (so you’ll be sharing a gazebo with another stall holder
- The gazebo will be provided free of charge. If you need to hire a 6ft trestle table, there is a £20 hire charge per day
- Free parking is available, including disabled spaces, in the Lakeside customer carparks (located about 5 min walk from the market)
- The market will be open from 9am-6pm on Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday.
- Please be aware not every application will be confirmed for this pop-up event. Lakeside will be selecting the brands from all applications received, and we will be ensuring there is a mix of products at the market – you will receive a full refund if your application is not confirmed.
Setup for your stall
- Each stall holder can use the 2m width of space inside their gazebo as they wish, to display their products in a decorative and attractive way. Please keep your stall neighbour in mind ensuring not to block their display
- You have complete flexibility to dress your stall with pull up banners, advertising, flyers, decorations, small pieces of furniture, battery powered lights etc.
- If you hire a table, there is no table cloth so please bring one with you
- There will be no seating at your stall, however you are welcome to bring your own chair(s) with you
- There is no electricity at this pop-up market, so please ensure everything you require is wireless, a power bank may also be useful for you to have incase you run out of phone/card reader battery.
- Stallholders are to arrive promptly to ensure they are setup by 9am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday (Lakeside management do not want stall holders setting up once the mall is open to the public)
Are there any restrictions on certain products at this pop-up?
- Food can be sold at the pop-up however all food must arrive pre-packaged due to no food prep licence on site.
- If fresh food is being sold (cookies/cakes/biscuits etc), food must be packaged off site.
- No cooking or preparation of any kind can be done at the pop-up, no hot food sellers are allowed unfortunately.
- You must have the relevant food safety & hygiene certification for selling food.
- Clear signage of ingredients and allergens must be visible on your stall.
- Food is allowed to be out on display to show customers what it is, but any open food cannot be sold.
- There is no refrigeration facilities so unfortunately no refrigerated foods can be sold.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public, with clear signage of ingredients and allergens.
- Alcohol can be sold at the market however it must arrive bottled and no prep can be done on site.
- Beverages would need to be sold in way that encourages customers to drink them outside the venue (i.e not sold in cups)
- You would need to organise a TENS yourself for the day(s) you are there.
- There is no refrigeration, sinks or ice facilities.
- You would need to manage the +18 check for all customers tasting and purchasing from you.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public, please take any sampling rubbish home with you to dispose of responsibly.
- You will need to upload a photo of your products or a stall setup at a previous event. Lakeside will be selecting the brands for this market and wants to ensure all stall displays are professional and of high standard
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are either made by hand, have been hand crafted or have had some element of personalisation by hand. Please note, they don’t necessarily have to be made by you. Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You will need to have minimum £1m public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items, so you will need to provide any equipment you want to to take payments. If you’re looking for a mobile handheld payment device, we have used SumUp at previous markets and love the ease of it personally (affiliate link).
- Our pop-up events are designed to help build a supportive community in a positive environment. Our team will not tolerate aggressive behaviour of any kind and anyone doing so will be asked to leave the event with no refund offered.
Price for the stall
- The price for a stall is £80 per day
- You are welcome to book one day, or both days
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings
- All stall bookings are non exchangeable with a limited refund policy, check out our T&C’s for full details)
How to apply for a stall
Step 1: Hit ‘select options’ below, choose your date, and follow the prompts to pay
Stall at Lakeside£80.00
Step 2: Add your company’s details to our directory
- If you have never booked a stall with I Do Handmade before, please complete this stall holder application form. We cannot confirm your booking until you have done so.
- If you have booked a stall at any of our previous pop-ups, we already have your details and you do not need to complete this form, there is no further action required.
Step 3: Wait to hear from us
Once you have paid for a stall and submitted your stall holder application form (if applicable) your application has been submitted. Lakeside will then select the brands they want at this pop-up, so please be aware not all applications will be confirmed. For any reason your booking does not get confirmed, you will receive a full refund. We will update you on your application within 14 days. If you haven’t heard anything, please get in touch via email.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch email@example.com