Hounslow Council are currently working on a large project to rejuvenate Boston Manor Park with lots of activities scheduled throughout the year to help reconnect the local community. With Boston Manor House recently opening, a brand new cafe plus a calendar of free workshops and events, lots is going on for the local area there. As part of the programme, Hounslow Council want to trial an outdoor arts and crafts market to encourage more visitors to the area whilst supporting local creatives. They are organising an event on Saturday 23 September and have asked I Do Handmade to help host the arts and crafts market consisting of 40 stallholders offering a variety of handmade goods.
To apply for a stall, follow steps 1-4 towards the bottom of the page.
Address: Boston Manor Park, Brentford TW8 9JX
Closest stations: Boston Manor Park & Brentford
About the day
Saturday 23 September will be advertised widely as a family day out, with music, the brand new cafe, plus other activities going on. There is a huge marketing drive from Hounslow Council to families and locals in the area to come along, to check out the new facilities and discover unique handmade finds.
The market will compliment the programme of activities going on. Hounslow Council want to support local makers and creatives, and would like 50% of the stallholders to be from the local area. So if you’re from in and around the borough of Hounslow, you will have a greater chance of being offered a stall.
About the stalls
- There will be up to 40 different stallholders on the day
- The market will be open to the public between 11am-5pm
- Hounslow Council have invested in 40 brand new market stall equipment, each providing every stall holder with:
Their own brightly coloured little metal cabin, which consists of 1x 6ft trestle table PLUS 3 shelves which you can adjust the height yourself. There will also be 1 rail each available for up to 12 stalls (if you would like a rail, please answer the question in the application form accordingly).
- You are welcome to bring along any pull up banners and advertising to put inside your stall, ensuring it does not block your neighbouring stall
- The location of the M4 flyover above helps with rain protection, the stall furniture also has a slight roofed area to protect stock
- The stalls will be laid out in rows so you’ll be opposite and next to other stallholders. We will do all we can to ensure you are not next to another stall holder selling similar products
- There will be plugs available near your stall which you can use, all electrical appliances will need to be PAT tested. We do always recommend to have wireless payment readers and backup battery packs for charging in the instance electricity is unavailable
- There will unlikely be wifi at this location, so please ensure you have the data you need for your payment readers
- The council will be creating a designated stall holder car park, which will be free to park in and accessible between 9.15-10am, then again from 5.30pm. Therefore if you arrive after 10am you will need to find alternative parking on residential streets. Also to note, once you have parked you will not be allowed to move your vehicle until 5.30pm due to the area being pedestrianised between 10am-5.30pm. You can access your car thought, if you need to get stock out the boot. If you are getting dropped off, there will be another area to stop and drop off your stock.
- To arrive at Boston Manor Park between 9.15-10am, to be set up ready for 11am.
- To pack up from 5pm
The venue is on the ground floor, fully accessible with toilet facilities available in the park and cafe
Price for the stall
- The price for the stall is £45
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings
- Stall bookings are non exchangeable, non refundable, check out our stall T&C’s for full details
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are either made by hand, have been hand crafted or have had some element of personalisation by hand. Please note, they don’t necessarily have to be made by you. Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You will need to have minimum £1m public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items, so you will need to provide any equipment you want to to take payments. If you’re looking for a mobile handheld payment device, we have used SumUp at previous markets and love the ease of it personally (affiliate link).
Are there any restrictions on certain products at this pop-up?
- Unfortunately this is an arts and crafts market therefore food can not be sold here sadly
- Unfortunately this is an arts and crafts market therefore drinks can not be sold here sadly
How to apply for a stall
The process for applying for this pop-up is different to our other pop-up events.
1) All stallholders interested, must complete this application form by 12 Aug 2023.
2) All applications will be shared with Hounslow Council on 13 Aug. They will select the 40 small businesses they would like at the pop-up.
3) We will then be in touch around the 20 August, with an update on whether your application has been successful.
4) For those that are successful and offered a stall, you will be sent an email to confirm your booking, by paying the £45 stall fee in full, within 7 days (which will be around 1 Sept)
To clarify, no payment is needed right now – just the completed application form.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch