We’ve collated a few of our favourite DIY Valentines makes out there at the moment all made by other inspiring crafters and makers.
Valentine’s is a lovely opportunity to tell anyone they love them. Mum, friend, brother, auntie or even your Amazon Prime delivery person – everyone loves hearing nice things about them!
So here’s a few DIY Valentines ideas you can make at home, with not toooo much preparation! There’s a few gift ideas, little message ideas and all round general fun to have with the family. All the instructions on how to make each one you’ll find in the comments below each photo.
- Make your own chocolate bark by @Chloe_Louise_Aldous – This looks super simple to do and a lovely gift to give anyone if popped in a little gift bag with a tag!
2. Handmade bath salts by @that.makes.six – Watch the video for this one, such an easy way to create a thoughtful gift for anyone who loves a bath
3. 3D paper heart decorations by @Kirstiecrafts – Decorate a little area in the home or write little messages inside each one to surprise someone with. These look great to do with young crafters!
4. Salt dough love hearts by @our.playroom.diary – A fun thing to do with children could be making these hearts. Add a hole in them and they could be a tag that goes on a present or tied to the front of a gift card.
5. A Valentine’s platter by @utterly.organised.chaos – Such a beautiful way to arrange a plate of goodies! Easy to do with a few of your lover’s favourite treats, pop them in the shape of a heart and you look like you’ve made the biggest effort!
6. Date night jar by @soulgoodstuff – A fun gift full of ways to have fun with your boo!
7. Valentine’s Bucket List by @_emily_thomas__ and @the.mama.project – This is more of a fun way to recognise Valentine’s as a family. A beautiful way to make memories and teaching your kids how to love people in different ways.
8. Watercolour hearts by @theartfulparent – These cute hearts are an easy way to make your own card for Valentine’s draw a heart or even write a secret message!
9. Valentine’s Rice Treats by @downhomedrake – A yummy treat for any loved one in your life. Pop them in your kids lunchboxes, gift them to your neighbour or send one in the post to your pal.
10. DIY seed paper hearts by @hellokidsstudio – A fun and eco friendly way to tell someone you love them, and give them something to enjoy in months to come. A fab DIY valentines idea.
If you’re looking for crafty gifts for someone this Valentine’s Day, check out our online store full of craft kits to give to anyone who loves spending time getting creative.
Who are we?
I’m Becky, a 30 something mama of two, from West London and I run this creative little business together with my mum Wendy.
When covid landed on our doorstep in 2020, one thing we did to help encourage sales of our craft kits, was create the Shop Small Christmas Gift Catalogue. We posted it out to thousands of homes, advertising gift ideas, all sold from small businesses, including my own, encouraging people to shop small at Christmas.
I loved helping other companies, I wondered about converting our catalogue into an in-person event.
So in summer 2022, we hosted out first ever pop-up market in Westfield shopping centre, encouraging the nation to shop from small businesses. I absolutely loved meeting so many inspiring business owners and helping them increase exposure and sales, it’s made me want to organise more events. It’s naturally turned into a business itself, hosting in person shopping events, helping diversify the high street with products from small businesses.
As a product selling business owner myself selling a range of craft kits, I know full well how hard it can be to generate a regular income and to keep the business going especially with big brands dominating the high street
From my own experience I’ve found if you have a good product, selling in person can be such a beneficial way to get your stock off the shelves and into the hands of your ideal customer. I’m passionate about helping small businesses thrive and the I Do Handmade Pop-Ups will hopefully do exactly that.